19 November 2015

Hidayat's 24th Birthday Celebration

Last year, for Yat's birthday, who also happen to have his birthday on the same date as his best friend, Syahmir, me and Nini threw a small birthday celebration at HomeTeamNS Sembawang Chalet for them. You can check out the gist of it in Dan's video here :




Separately, I booked a room at Marina Bay Sands Hotel for Yat a few days after his birthday as he had never been there before and he mentioned to me that he would like to try the infinity pool one day. So I granted him his wish. (There was no birthday post on my blog for Yat last year because I went MIA on my blog and only started writing again this year heh.)






Except that he had to solve a crossword puzzle to actually get there where I was waiting for him.


He did quite a good job on last year's crossword puzzle that I actually thought this would be a good tradition for the rest of his birthdays for years to come.


This year, as no one else from Triple Threat was free on the 12/11 for their actual birthday, I thought we could just spend the day just the both of us and celebrate with them the day after.

I actually started planning for Yat's birthday 6 months before, but nearer to the date, the initial plan was scraped and I had a new plan instead 2 months before his birthday. There were some changes in my plan and what made it worse was that I was scheduled to work on both 12 and 13 November and that I was not able to get someone else to cover me. I was doing part-time in a gym and the working hours was only 11-2pm, but it did push some of my plans back a little and I had to make a lot of changes to accomodate my working schedule to the birthday plan.

11 November 2015 - Pre-Birthday

So anyway, the day before Yat's birthday, we went out to the gym in the evening and bought a take out for dinner to eat at Changi Beach. We left the beach about 11pm to make way to my place but an accident happened to someone right in front of our eyes, so we stopped to help for awhile. Yat technically started his birthday at an accident scene and it sort of dampened the atmosphere for a bit. 

Got back to my place about 20 minutes after midnight and I told him to wait under my block as I wanted to pass him a birthday card.


Brought down his birthday card, along with a slice of his favourite mango strawberry cake. It was supposed to be at midnight but yeah hahaha.


He got the same cake last year, except that this year it was only a slice because both of us need to watch our weight HAHAHAHAHA.

Also, he got another crossword puzzle to solve.



He needed to solve the crossword by that night because it contains all the instructions he need to follow the next day. Things on what to wear, what to bring, where to go and how to go were all in that puzzle so he had to answer them correctly. This year's puzzle was a little harder than last year's and he needed way more help. HAHAHA.

He managed to solve them eventually after a lot of clues from me and he went home.

12 November 2015 - The Birthday

The instructions stated that he had to be at Vivocity, at a certain location by 2.30pm. And because we are talking about Hidayat, he turned up late. At this point, he still had no idea where we are going or what we are doing. He knew it will involve something wet because I told him to bring his board short and he thought we were going to WaveHouse - erm, no?

Upon reaching, he need to complete a word search puzzle this time round.

Busy completing the word search and guessing where we are going.

After completing the word search, his guess was the S.E.A Aquarium. I told him that he was right, and to guess what we are doing there to which he came up empty.

I told him that we were going to Dive with The Sharks, and his face lit up.





You can read about our Dive with The Sharks experience HERE

After the dive, we took the Sentosa Bus to Beach Station and took the Sentosa Express train back to Vivocity where I parked the bike. The plan was for me to ride the bike while Yat become the pillion, but I asked him if he was more comfortable riding or being a pillion and he chose to ride while I gave him the directions.



He was laughing out loud when we reached because he kind of guessed it when I asked him about Studio M the other day. I actually booked the Studio Loft at Studio M but received a complimentary upgrade to Premier Loft upon checking in. Hehe. Exceptional service from the front desk team, definitely. 

Reached the room and he plopped on the bed until it was time to get ready for dinner at Royz et Vouz Specialty Coffee.







The food was pretty good. Yat had the Smoked Duck while I had the Prawn & Crayfish Pasta. We had the buffalo wings for appetisers and we walked out of there stuffed and happy. The price was reasonable too for the portion and ambience so no one is complaining.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel and there was another cake waiting for Yat in the room. This time, it was his number 1 favourite cake - strawberry shortcake - and it was really good because Yat finished both two slices on his own. *glares*


After stuffing cake into his face, we watched TV and fell asleep because I have work in the morning the next day.

13 November 2015 - Post-Birthday


Yat sent me to work and headed home to unpack and went for his Friday prayers before fetching me from work and heading straight to Carlton Hotel for a couple spa appointment. I booked a 1 hour massage for two pax. TIP: check out what kind of membership you or your partner have, then check out what you guys get to redeem during your birthday month. You will be surprised at the kind of offers available for birthday babies on your birthday month!



We got a complimentary upgrade to a couple room. Also, this is by far THE BEST spa experience the both of us ever had. From the start till the end, it was such a good service by the LifeSpa team that I am even thinking of booking a massage for my mum there one day.

After the massage, we were supposed find a birthday present for Syahmir before we head to East Coast Park. However, some unforeseen circumstances happened, and we need to make a detour back to my place to pick something up before heading to East Coast.



This year, for the combined celebration between the two boys, Nini and I thought of doing something different as this time, Nini and Dan has started working full-time and it is harder to plan a day out for all six of us. So when we knew Dan was in town on Friday, 13th November but have to leave Singapore very early the next day, we chose to do a day event instead of an overnight party. 

Initially, Nini and I was thinking of making a McDonald's Birthday Party but the only timing available for our choice of venue was at 3pm and it did not suit our itinerary. We needed something preferably in the evening... so we chose to do a laser quest party. We wanted to book the one at HomeTeamNS at Bukit Batok, but they were fully booked, so our last choice was Tag Team Inc at East Coast Park instead of LaserOps at Dhoby Ghaut because we were a little tight on budget hahahahaha.

When we reached East Coast, Yat was blindfolded before I led him to the spot where his friends will be waiting for him. But I needed to liaise with Nini on this as she will be dragging Syahmir to the same spot too at the same time. 

I think we can all agree when I say that Nini and I need to work on our surprises. Hahaha. We dragged the boys and asked them to open their blindfold and we went like "surprise!" lol. HAHAHAHAHAH. Technically it was not even a surprise. The boys KNEW they will be meeting each other and that there WILL be a surprise. Pfft.

All the more reason why Nini and I shouldn't make anymore surprises for the both of them for next year, or the year after..........

Anyway, we reached about 5.30. Nini and I booked the party slot from 5-7pm, and our game was at 5-6pm, while we can use the party tables from 5-7pm. We were left with only 30 minutes to complete our 4 missions.






We entered the game room about 5.40pm and had a short briefing on how to use the gun and we played 4 missions until we sweat like crazy and was out of the room by 6.05pm. So one mission is roughly about 5 minutes I guess?

Note : I have so many things I want to rant about our experience at Tag Team Inc, but I shall keep that for another post because this is supposed to be a happy post for memories sake so I shall zip it hahaha.

After our time was up in the game room, we headed back to our table to eat the food that Nini and I brought from home. Took a whole lot of photos but because of the low light and because Syahmir was moving wayyyyy too much, most of the pictures turned out blur. But here are some of the good ones!










After we were done with eating and taking nonsensical photos, it was already 7.30pm or so. Initial plan was to go get the boys try the GMAX at Clarke Quay but because Syahmir was shy of heights, we decided to head over to Playnation for 2 hours of board and card games till 10pm. I know it sounded really boring, but I am telling you that this was one of the times that I actually laughed until my stomach hurts.

I could even feel my abs growing. HAHAHAH.

It was such a good day out with my man, and I am so glad that he chose to spend it with me, his best friend and a few of his friends that mattered to him. To Shanis and Dan, thank you for helping us. To my sister, thank you for being awesome and running errands for me. To my mum, thank you for cooking up a feast for the 10 of us. To Farhan, Saddam, Mike, Hassan- thank you guys for coming and making up the numbers hahahaha. It was a great night!


Happy 24th Birthday, Hidayat and Syahmir! 
I hope you guys enjoyed yourself during the celebration and that you guys liked what Nini and I planned for you two. HAHAHA. I wish that you guys will grow up soon. Heh. Also, all the best in life and in everything that you guys choose to do. May you achieve all your goals in life, be contented with what life has to offer and be a better partner for me and Nini. Amin.

p.s We are not doing anymore surprises for you guys next year. It's just gonna be dinner and cake with Triple Threat because you guys will be expecting a surprise, and that is not going to be a surprise anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment